Welcome to Episode 126 of the LinuxLUGcast
We are an open podcast/LUG that meets at 9 PM EST every first and third friday of the month using mumble.
We encourage anyone listening to join us and participate on the podcast. Check out http://www.linuxlugcast.com/ for the server details.
If you have any questions, comments, or topic you would like us to discus and are unable to join us during the live show you can
send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org
check out our MeWe community at https://mewe.com/join/linuxlugcast
or check us out on irc on the freenode server #linuxlugcast
Creine Mathews: <- Creine, Danny, you do know you are always welcome to join us live?
Hello colleagues, I leave a video tutorial with their respective English translations, this very didactic, is simple, short and accurate. To learn how to create bootable usb memory in linux. Whether they want to try a Linux distribution without installing it on their machine, or installing it, you can do it with a bootable USB memory. You should only choose the distribution of linux that your prefer.
All companies, regardless of how large or small, run on their data. Consider the financial and business cost of losing all of the data you need to run your business. There is not a business today ranging from the smallest sole proprietorship to the largest global corporation that could survive the loss of all or even a large fraction of its data. Your place of business can be rebuilt using insurance, but your data can never be rebuilt.
Basic rsync commands are usually enough to manage your Linux backups, but a few extra options add speed and power to large backup sets.
Never thought I’d see this day. You can now download Arch Linux from the Windows store.
FiftyOneFifty: Pre show, Clockwork Towers Youtube channel – Twilight Zone eps cut down to 5-10 minutes, popular scifi shoes shelved do to production costs, where does DUST get it’s funding?
Report on Penguicon 2019 2019.penguicon.org
- My travel woes
- Schedule https://2019.penguicon.org/this-year-at-penguicon/programming-schedule/
- I missed first session, so I didn’t have to choose, friend of show Tom Lawrence on pfSense https://penguicon2019.sched.com/event/NyQh/open-source-firewall-pfsense and “Building and Open Source Artificial Pancreas by Sarah Withee. I expect Tom has covered pfSense pretty well on his YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTecknowledge Sarah Withee’s “Artificial Pancreas” talk (from PyConn) is now available here https://sarahwithee.com/speaking/building-an-open-source-artificial-pancreas/ All things Sarah Withee https://sarahwithee.com/now/ Ted Preston gave me the best idea of the con, put your 3D printer in an old fridge!
- After hours parties, a humorous misunderstanding.
- Checkouts, elevators, and an insite into Penguicon administration.
- Got DietPi on my Pine64. Ran Pi-Hole, 64 overheated and locked up. Will try without pine case before trying a different SBC
- On way home from airport, found Arcade1Up Asteroids for $150 clearance at WalMart. Bought 2. Discovered one open box, assembled, no worky. Ultimately, this was to be a Retro-Pi cabinet, but I’d have liked to have tested the 1Up. Second cabinet was for investment, but I could help a bro or sis out.
Atomic Pi’s should be available again from Amazon by the end of the month. https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Pi-High-Speed-Peripherals/dp/B07N298F2B Comparison to RetroPi on the RPi 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX3G-ZVPh-k
Etherpad for planning the pan FOSS podcast table for Ohio Linux Fest http://thaj.dnsdojo.com:9001/p/OLFplanning
pre show: what disney owns
Our next recording date will be June 7, 2019
Our music is “Downright” provided by Klaatu and Broam
We would like to thank Delwin for the use of his mumble server.
We would also like to thank “000webhost” for web hosting
Finally we would like to give a special thanks to Faherfinch, and Tony Beemus for all their help and support over the years.